Auto Insurance, Windsor, ON
Our brokers can help you determine if there are gaps in your auto insurance policy protections.
Auto insurance can sure be complicated. Sometimes it seems like every time you turn around the rules are changing. Well, that’s because, they are.
At St. Clair Insurance brokers, we can’t stop the rules from changing, but we can do our best to help you understand what coverage you need and why you need it!
How to Get a Lower Rate on Auto Insurance
We know you don’t want to pay a fortune for auto insurance, but you also don’t want to go underinsured just in case you’re ever involved in an accident. At St. Clair Insurance Brokers Inc., we can help you be strategic about what you pay for car insurance while still making sure you have enough coverage. Here’s what we recommend:
- Before you finalize your policy, always shop around. Even better than doing this on your own, let us shop policies for you. We have relationships with some of the best insurers in the industry, and we can help you get the best coverage available for the best possible rate.
- If you’re in the market for a new car, think about what it will cost to insure before you buy. Since car insurance rates are based on the cost of the car itself, the average cost of repairs, and the likelihood of theft, some cars will cost more to insure than others.
- Bundling your home insurance and your car insurance with the same provider can help you cut back on insurance costs. Ask us about which options are available, and we’ll help you determine if this is a viable option.
- Did you know that maintaining a good credit rating can reduce your insurance costs? Many insurers use credit rating information to price policies, so you could get lower rates if you’ve worked on improving your credit score.
The Ontario Government mandates that everyone who wants to drive a car must have a valid driver’s license and suitable auto insurance. Here are a few important topics related to auto insurance coverage to be aware of:
- Third Party Liability: This coverage protects you if someone is injured or killed or their property is damaged. It will pay for legitimate claims made against you up to the limit of your coverage and will pay the costs of settling a claim.
- Accident Benefits: These benefits are available if you are injured in an auto accident, regardless of fault. Accident benefits may include medical care, rehabilitation and attendant care, replacement of your income to a certain limit, an allowance when a caregiver is injured, and funeral expenses and death benefits when a person dies in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist: This coverage protects you if you are injured by another driver that does not have insurance, or if you are involved in an accident caused by a hit-and-run driver.
- Direct Compensation/Property Damage: This coverage will pay for the damage to your car when another motorist is responsible for the accident.
- Collision Insurance: Collision insurance pays for the damage or replacement of your automobile if you are involved in a collision with another vehicle or object, and it happens to be your fault.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Comprehensive insurance policies are designed to pay for damage to your car for things like fire, theft, or broken glass.
If you are interested in looking at your current auto insurance policy or need to address gaps in your coverage in Windsor, Ontario, contact your broker at St. Clair Insurance Brokers today.