House Insurance, Windsor, ON
Protect your home with quality house insurance.
Buying a house is the largest investment most people will make in their lives. Every home is different, so your house insurance should reflect your unique needs. At St. Clair Insurance Brokers, we specialize in providing the right insurance policy for both your needs and budget. When you come to us for your house insurance, we will compare the best insurance products available and explain their pros and cons. We want you to take the time to make informed decisions about your house insurance for your home in Windsor, Ontario. Our goal is to make you feel secure with the coverage you are getting while keeping the cost of the policy within your budget.
What House Insurance Typically Covers
Not every house insurance policy is the same, and not every policy covers the same losses. However, most house insurance policies come with certain standard coverages designed to help you repair damage to your home or replace belongings in certain circumstances, like theft or fire. Your home insurance policy can also help mitigate costs if you accidently damage someone else’s property, or if someone visiting your property is injured.
Remember that every house insurance policy is subject to a limit, which the maximum amount your policy will pay if you make a claim for a covered loss. Ideally, your house insurance limit should reflect your home’s value and the cost to repair or replace your belongings. We can help you adjust your house insurance limits to make sure your policy is enough to cover the property it protects.
In most situations, you will also have to pay a deductible before your house insurance policy kicks in and starts to pay for a covered loss. Make sure you understand your deductible and coverage limits – you can usually adjust them to match your current needs. Our team can help you with this process by reviewing your policy with you to make sure you understand it.
Why You Really Do Need Home Insurance
If you own a home, you might already have a home insurance policy. However, many homeowners still wonder why this type of insurance is so crucial. At St. Clair Insurance Brokers Inc., we cannot stress enough how important home insurance is not only for your property, but also for your peace of mind. Here’s why:
- Your mortgage lender usually requires it—If you finance your home, your mortgage lender probably requires that you have home insurance that meets certain limits to receive financing from them. Since your lender technically owns your home until all payments are received, they want to protect their financial interest in the property from loss.
- You protect your home from loss—Your home insurance policy likely protects your home financially from the effect of many types of damage, like wind damage, fire, water damage, and more. Ask us exactly what your policy covers so you know what to expect if you ever have to file a claim.
- Your personal belongings are covered—Not only does your house insurance policy cover the actual structure of your home, but it also covers the things you keep inside it. For example, if someone were to break in and steal valuable belongings, your home insurance policy would cover this loss.
- You protect yourself from liability—If a lawsuit arose from an injury on your property, your home insurance policy could protect you from any resulting legal responsibility.
Types of Policies We Offer
We also offer house insurance for these special circumstances:
- Condominium Insurance: Generally, the condominium’s corporation has an insurance policy that covers outside walls and shared spaces. We can review their insurance policy and make sure you carry the necessary coverage to protect your investment and your belongings, as well as any liability and medical needs in your home.
- Apartment Insurance: Living in an apartment is different than other types of rentals because the units are adjoining. We can make sure you have coverage to protect your property in your apartment as well as any other coverage you need.
- Tenant’s Insurance: Many tenants incorrectly assume that they are covered by their landlord’s insurance. Your landlord’s policy will only cover damage to the building and fixtures they assume responsibility for – it does not provide any coverage for your personal property. If you rent your home, always carry tenant’s insurance to protect your belongings and protect yourself from liability.
Call us at St. Clair Insurance Brokers today to discuss your house insurance needs in Windsor. Whether it is for a primary, secondary, seasonal or rented home, we can help protect you and your family.