Car Insurance, Chatham, ON
Finding good car insurance is easy when you come to us.
Our cars give us the ability to easily get to and from where we need to go. However, driving a car also comes with some inherent risks and dangers. Most cars these days are essentially expensive computers on wheels, and our car payments are often the second-most expensive bill we have, next to housing costs. In order to protect yourself from vehicular injuries in case of accidents and also ensure that your investment in your vehicle will be protected, car insurance isn’t just important, but essential.
Factors that Influence Car Insurance Premiums
At St. Clair Insurance Brokers Inc., we work hard to make sure you have the right car insurance policy for your needs. The premium you pay for the coverage you choose depends on a number of factors. It is helpful to know these factors when you are looking to purchase a car in Chatham, Ontario, as well as safeguards you can implement if you want to keep your premium within your budget.
- Value of Car– Car insurance companies are interested in the potential amount of liability involved with a total loss due to accident or theft, so the value of the car is a huge factor in determining premiums. The more valuable the car, the higher the premium.
- Theft Risk– Some makes and models of cars are at higher risk of theft due to the value of their black-market parts, resulting in higher premiums for those who own them.
- Driving Experience– The length of your driving experience, as well as where you drive your car, can have a significant impact on your premiums. The longer you have been driving in this area versus another country, the less risk you pose and the lower the premium for car insurance.
- Driving History– If you have driving convictions, you can expect to pay a higher premium. You might also find your options limited as far as car insurance companies willing to accept you if you have several convictions on your record. We will do our best to place you with a company that will be as affordable as possible.
- Purpose of Driving– Rates are based on whether you use your vehicle for pleasure or commuting to work, and how many miles per year you will drive your car. The more you drive, the higher the risk potential, so the higher the premium.
- Discounts– Be sure to ask us about discounts you might qualify for, such as a multiple insurance products discount, customer loyalty discount, driving school discount, or winter tire use discount.
When you are looking at your options for car insurance, don’t be surprised if you aren’t quite sure which insurance company to choose. Some insurance companies make insurance coverage needlessly complicated and complex for their customers. Here at St. Clair Insurance Brokers Inc., we try to make coverage understandable, offer different price points with levels of coverage, and most importantly, offer quality coverage. Our brokers have been helping people with their car insurance needs since 1989, so we have the experience and reputation that you want when you need quality and reliable coverage.
If you are on the hunt for quality car insurance for your Chatham, Ontario area vehicle, look no further than St. Clair Insurance Brokers Inc. We would love to have a chance to talk with you about the many car insurance options that are available to you. Please contact us today to discuss your policy.